This brisket ramen, topped with some cilantro and a soft boiled egg is a rich and warm treat that will keep you going on the coldest of nights!
- 3 carrots
- 3 stalks celery
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 1 clove garlic
- olive oil
- 1 cup shitake mushrooms
- 1 tsp ginger
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups beef broth
- 2 tsp Sriracha
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1-2 packages ramen noodles
- leftover brisket
- soft boiled eggs
- cilantro for garnish
- Finely dice carrots, celery, onion, and garlic.
- In a large pot, heat a small amount of olive oil and cook the carrots, celery, and onion until tender.
- Add mushrooms and cook until soft and brown.
- Add the garlic and ginger, and cook until fragrant (about 1-2 minutes).
- Add broths, Sriracha, soy sauce, and bring to simmer.
- Simmer together for 45-60 minutes.
- Strain off 4 cups broth into a small pot to use for cooking your noodles.
- Cook noodles until tender and transfer to bowls. Reserve the broth.
- Pour the noodle broth into the bowls and add cooked vegetables and broth to your noodles.
- Heat your leftover slices of brisket and place in your bowl add the egg and cilantro and enjoy!