Whether you have a pellet grill or smoker, you can make a juicy chicken. We cut this one in half, but spatchcocking the bird is a great option.
- Montana Outlaw BBQ Chicken Rub
- Blues Hog Original BBQ Sauce
- Kosmos Q Apple Cherry Habanero Rib Glaze
- When purchasing chicken, look for chicken with white skin.
- Score the skin down the center of the back side and pull skin back.
- Cut down both sides of backbone and remove it.
- Flip over and push down to break the breast plate (this is a spatchcock).
- Cut down center of breast plate into halves. Roll skin back over.
- Season underneath first with light to medium coat of Montana Outlaw BBQ Chicken Rub. Flip over and season the other side.
- Let the chicken rest for 15-20 minutes.
- Cook at 300°for 45-60 minutes (internal temperature should reach 165°).
- Spritz with water every 25-30 minutes to keep it moist and prevent the rub from burning (we use water because other liquids will affect the flavor of our chicken).
- Coat with BBQ sauce (we use Blues Hog & Kosmos Q) and place back on smoker for 5-10 minutes to set glaze.