As Montanans, we don’t often eat seafood but when we do, we do it outlaw-style! Check out our unique take on a lobster roll where we add something unexpected into the dressing.
- 4 lobster tails
- Montana Outlaw BBQ Chicken Rub
- hoagie rolls
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- zest from 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup celery minced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- smoked pork belly chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cut tails in half down the center.
- Combine melted butter, lemon zest and parsley to make butter baste.
- Brush butter baste on exposed meat. Reserve butter baste to baste during smoking.
- Sprinkle meat lightly with MOB Chicken Rub.
- Place tails on smoker at 350°-400° for 10-15 minutes, flipping and basting half-way through. Lobster tails are done when shell changes color and the meat becomes firm.
- Peal meat out of shells and chop.
- In a bowl, combine chopped lobster meat with lemon juice, minced celery, mayo, smoked pork belly, and salt & pepper to taste.
- Place mixture on bun and sprinkle with salt & pepper.
Learn our simple recipe for pork belly: watch the video or read the full recipe.