We’re adding to our exotic outdoor cooking series with a dish that’s going to shock and awe your guests: ocotpus!
- olive oil
- lemon juice
- salt & pepper
- BBQ sauce We used Blues Hog
- lemon zest
- Trim by removing beak, then separating the head from the tentacles.
- Dip tentacles into the boiling water 3 times, holding them in the boiling water 2 to 3 seconds each time, until the tentacles curl up.
- Place the entire octopus in the boiling water. Simmer20min/pound. When it’s done, it will be fork-tender.
- Remove from pot, dry off as much water as possible and move to bowl. Add drizzle of olive oil, juice of half a lemon, salt & pepper. Chill in refrigerator 30 minutes.
- Heat the grill to 350°-400°.
- Place octopus on grill and glaze with BBQ sauce and lemon juice mixture.
- Grill octopus until charred on all sides, approximately 3-5 minutes.
- Garnish with lemon zest and serve.