It’s no secret we love smoking meat. Prime rib is one of our favorite cuts and with this recipe, you get delicious, beautifully crusted meat every time. Served with some buttery veggies, your friends will be full and HAPPY!
- Kamado-style grill (Saffire, Big Green Egg)
- Prime rib
- Black pepper
- Garlic powder
- Montana Outlaw BBQ Beef Rub
- Salted butter we prefer Challenge Butter
- 4-5 Cloves of garlic smashed
- Trim fat off prime rib, leaving some for insulation. Also, remove tendon on fat side.
- Coat with black pepper, garlic powder, Montana Outlaw BBQ Beef Rub.
- Let it rest for at least 2 hours, up to 8 hours.
- Cook with kamado-style grill, fat side down for 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, prepare baste: on low heat, melt 1 stick of salted butter and add smashed cloves of garlic, rosemary, thyme.
- Flip prime rib on grill and baste, then cook until internal temperature reaches 135°.
- Remove and rest for 10 minutes to a half hour.
- Slice against the grain and serve immediately.
This rub includes black pepper, salt and paprika, to help you elevate your steak game. Available in two sizes: Small: 7.0 oz | Large: 13.8 oz