We want to show you our favorite drinks to make when we have friends over or when we’re just wanting a good cocktail with our BBQ.
It’s a really light drink with good flavors – especially the spiciness from the rye whiskey. We call it happiness in a glass.
- Old Fashioned glass
- 2 oz rye whiskey
- 1 oz simple syrup homemade (equal parts sugar and water)
- 3-4 dashes orange bitters
- pure absinthe to rinse
- 1 strip orange peel garnish
- Combine rye whiskey, simple syrup, and orange bitters in a shaker filled partway with ice.
- Rinse glass with absinthe, discarding any excess, set aside.
- Peel a long, narrow piece of orange peel. Twist a slice of orange peel over glass and drop in glass.
- Shake drink well and strain contents of shaker into the glass.