Part-Time with potential to be full-time.
Montana Outlaw BBQ is a family business based out of Park City, Montana. The business primarily sells three flavors of bbq rubs in two sizes. It also focuses largely on the project; BBQ Hero–a video series highlighting a person who has made a positive impact in their community by awarding them with grilling equipment and accessories, and an exclusive bbq lesson with Rick and Ty.
If you dream about getting paid for tasting bbq, then this is the experience is for you! Along with sampling delicious barbecue, you will learn from successful entrepreneurs and have hands-on responsibilities. Specifically, this intern will create and capture content for the website, and social media, prepare and help with participation in bbq events and competitions. Also, what job description isn’t complete without the all-encompassing statement: other duties as needed. This person should be adaptive and ready to jump with whatever is needed to increase awareness, sales, and a devout following.
Take pictures/videos of food, equipment, key people, and scenes. Submit and organize photos. Post to social media. Travel (if available) to bbq competitions, conventions, and filming sessions. Inventory and sell merchandise.
Monitor and post on social networks
- Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube, Twitter
- Create and capture content, upload to shared Google Drive
- Follow brand standards and aesthetic
- Perform website updates
- Visual and written content updates
- Write blog posts
- Monitor orders
- Perform keyword analysis
- SEO optimization
- Execute event set up, merchandise sales, and awareness tactics during bbq competitions
- Setup table for merchandise display
- Inventory merchandise before and after events
- Complete orders using PayPal
- Complete SWOT analysis including recommendations for strategic improvement
- Photography and Videography experience
- Experience website management, WordPress preferred
- Experience with social media business accounts
- Energetic and creative
- Hard-working and forward-thinking
- Practical experience with event planning and execution, social media campaigns, and project launching
- Shadowing, mentoring, and training opportunities with experienced, knowledgeable professionals
- Flexible schedule for students
- All expenses paid during travel
- Email materials below to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover letter
- Three references
- Two examples of creative social media posts from accounts you manage (screenshot or link to post)