It was rumored that Winston Churchill would have a cigar and whiskey for breakfast – this cocktail is a nod to that. We love all these ingredients individually – but together, you get an amazing cocktail.
Watch the recipe video on YouTube.
- Kitchen Blowtorch
- 1 1/2 oz Rye whiskey (Kentucky Owl Rye Whiskey)
- 1/2 oz Espresso or cold brew
- 1/4 oz Maple syrup (Crown Maple Syrup)
- 1 dash Bitters (Angostura Bitters)
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- Using the blowtorch, char one end of the cinnamon stick,
- Flip the glass over the charred portion of the cinnamon stick it to capture the smoke.
- Meanwhile, poor whiskey, espresso, maple syrup and bitters over ice in the shaker. Shake for about 15 seconds.
- Poor into cup (neat), grate cinnamon stick on top, then stir with charred cinnamon stick.