Each year we go to The Jack, we have a tradition of eating at Miss Mary Bobo’s – an iconic restaurant in Lynchburg, TN. While there, we always have to get drunken apples with our meal, a staple at Miss Mary Bobo’s.
- 2 lbs Apples & pears
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 1½ oz Jack Daniels
- Core apples and pears, and cut each into 1/8ths.
- Melt butter in sauce pan.
- Incorporate brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg in pan with melted butter. Add Jack Daniels.
- Heat mixture until it begins to bubble, then add apple and pear slices.
- Cover and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Serve warm or cold.