Who doesn’t love a good pizza. We like making our honey wheat pizza dough from scratch, then topping it with artisan ingredients for an elevated taste. Not to mention, we grill it hot and fast, so it’s done in no time.
Honey Wheat Grilled Pizza
- Food processor
- Grill (optional)
- 1 package dry yeast
- 1 1/4 cups lukewarm water
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- mozzarella shredded or sliced
- basil fresh
- Montana Outlaw BBQ Pork Rub
- balsamic vinegar
- Proof yeast with lukewarm water and add honey.
- Using a food processor, pulse all ingredients to combine until dough forms into a ball.
- Move dough to an oiled bowl and cover. Let it rise for 45 minutes (or until dough has doubled in size) in a warm place.
- Punch dough down, move to a floured surface and knead.
- Place balls, covered, in the refrigerator for 2-8 hours.
- Bring dough back to room temperature.
- Divide dough into 2 parts and roll & stretch flat.
- Add cornmeal to work surface and add desired toppings to flattened dough.
- Grill at 600° for 3-5 minutes (or you can bake at 450° for 7-8 minutes).