To celebrate our friends and family this holiday season, we’re smoking a prime rib. It only takes about 3 1/2 hours and is a super delicious cut of meat.
This rub has the power to stand up to big cuts. The paprika adds a perfect red color, activated charcoal gives it a smokey flavor, the salt extracts water and concentrates the natural flavors, and there’s just the right amount of pepper for a kick. Small: 7.0 oz | Large: 13.8 oz
- Prime rib
- Montana Outlaw BBQ Beef Rub
- Garlic cloves
- When selecting meat, look for marbling. The striations will render a tender end-product.
- Season the roast with a medium to heavy coat of Montana Outlaw BBQ Beef Rub (until you can’t see the meat), tap in.
- Let it rest for 30 minutes. The salt content will pull the moisture out of the meat, concentrating it's flavors.
- Smoke at 275°. At 1 hour, baste the roast with a garlic-infused butter. Repeat this process every half hour.
- After 3 hours, check the internal temperature. You'll want to pull it when the internal temperature reaches 125°.
- Remove from the smoker and let it rest 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Slice into 3/4-1 inch steaks and serve.