Check out this exciting take on mac n’ cheese – we like to make this for pot lucks and family get-togethers. It’s got a little extra surprise that will wow your guests.
Sweet and salty work together with a little more heat make this a great pork rub – perfect for seasoning pork butt used for making pulled pork. Small: 7.4 oz | Large: 13.9 oz
- 16 oz Macaroni noodles
- 6 cups Whole milk
- 8 tbsp Butter
- 1/4 cup Gouda shredded
- 1 lb American cheese shredded
- 1/2 tbsp Montana Outlaw BBQ Pork Rub
- 1 1/2 tbsp Salt
- 1 tbsp White pepper
- 1/2 tbsp Garlic powder
- Pulled pork
- BBQ sauce
- 1/2 cup Asiago cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup Le Gruyere cheese shredded
- Seasoned bread crumbs
- Warm milk and butter in pot, until butter melts.
- Slowly whisk in shredded American and Gouda cheeses until melted.
- Meanwhile, cook macaroni noodles.
- Add dry ingredients (Montana Outlaw BBQ Pork Rub, salt, white pepper and garlic powder) to melted cheese mixture.
- Once combined, pour over prepared macaroni noodles.
- In pan, layer pulled pork with BBQ sauce, then mac & cheese, and top with Asiago and le Gruyere cheeses, and bread crumbs.
- Smoke (or bake) at 300° for 10 minutes (remove once cheese begins to bubble).