We’ve shown you how we make competition pork butt, now we’re going to show you our down and dirty, simple pork butt. You’re going to have amazing tasting pulled pork for a crowd, smoked in 4 hours.
Sweet and salty work together with a little more heat to make give these ribs the perfect flavor. Small: 7.4 oz | Large: 13.9 oz
Hot & Fast Pulled Pork
- Pork butt
- Montana Outlaw BBQ Pork Rub
- Stubb’s Pork Marinade
- Blue’s Hog Original BBQ Sauce
- If it' a bone-in pork butt, fillet out the bone.
- Add a heavy coat of Montana Outlaw BBQ Pork Rub on all sides of the pork butt. Place in tin foil roaster pan, let rest for a minimum of 12 hours in the refrigerator.
- Smoke at 275°-300° for 2 hours, spritzing with water every half hour.
- Remove from smoker and place pork butt on 2 pieces of tin foil, fat cap up. Pour a half bottle of Stubb’s Pork Marinade around pork butt (not on it). Wrap tin foil tight so it doesn’t boil or steam, alternating seams of tin foil.
- Smoke at 275°-300° for additional 2 hours.
- After you remove it from the smoker, let it rest for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Shred and serve with BBQ sauce (we use Blue’s Hog Original BBQ Sauce).