This recipe is super easy and delicious. It makes the perfect hors d’oeuvre for a brunch or morning event.
Sweet and salty work together with a little more heat make this not only a great pork rub but also a perfect all purpose rub from the 2016 World Championship BBQ team Montana Outlaw BBQ. Small: 7.4 oz | Large: 13.9 oz
- 6 Soft boiled eggs
- 1 lb Spicy breakfast sausage divided into 6 equal parts
- Montana Outlaw BBQ Pork Rub
- Maple syrup
- Cayenne powder
- Peel soft boiled eggs.
- Cover each egg in equal amounts of sausage.
- Lightly sprinkle each with Montana Outlaw BBQ Pork Rub.
- Wrap each scotch egg individually in foil, and refrigerate overnight (this helps solidify the fats in the sausage insuring they don't fall apart).
- Place scotch eggs in smoker at 300° for approximately an hour, until the sausage reaches an internal temperature of 170°.