We’re making the king of steaks – the tomahawk. This is one of the most sought after cuts of beef, because it’s big, bold, and beefy! We’re cooking this steak using a combination of smoking and caveman-style, all using Royal Oak products.
A tender, flavorful tomahawk steak cooked in smoke and over hot coals.
- Olive oil
- Black truffle infused sea salt
- Bourbon smoked black pepper
- Add a light coat of olive oil as a binder on one side and generously season with black truffle sea salt and bourbon smoked pepper. Repeat on all sides.
- Rest at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Smoke at 275° until the internal temp reaches 125°-130° (about 40-45 minutes ).
- Sear over hot charcoal for 30 seconds on each side.
- Add slices of butter to top and let it rest.
- Slice and serve.