This is a quick weeknight recipe to use up leftover Brisket - it's sure to win over your family and will have them asking for more the next time you suggest it.
- Grill or Oven
- 1 lb chopped brisket
- 1 box spanish rice
- 14.5 oz can diced tomotoes used in Spanish rice
- 4-8 oz can fire-roasted green chiles
- refined beans
- cheese of your choice
- Mexican crema (Mexican-style sour cream)
- tortilla shells
- 15 oz can enchilada sauce green or red
- cilantro for garnish
- Chop your leftover brisket until it is finely shredded.
- Prepare the Spanish rice as directed. We like to add fire-roasted green chiles into the rice to warm it up. *You can also buy the canned diced tomatoes that include fire-roasted green chiles - depending on how hot you like your food.
- In the tortilla shell, spread a thin layer of refried beans, topped with Spanish rice and brisket, then sprinkle cheese over that to top it off. Roll up the tortilla and place it in your cooking dish. Repeat this process until you fill your dish.
- Top with your enchilada sauce of choice (green or red) and sprinkle with a generous amount of cheese.
- Place in your oven of the grill at 350° and cook for 45 - 60 minutes. Take out of the cooker and let it rest for up to 10 minutes.
- Plate your enchiladas and drizzle with Mexican crema and cilantro.
- Ask for seconds!!