Cinco de Mayo is right around the corner – what are you making? We’re showing you how we make the best carne asada, topped with homemade chimicurri… in case you need a little mouth-watering inspiration.
Wash it down with a delicious margarita. Check out that recipe here.
- 2-3 lbs flank steak
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/2 bunch cilantro
- 2 tbsp garlic minced
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 oranges sliced
- 1/2 white onion sliced
- Combine orange juice, lime juice, cilantro, minced garlic and seasonings in a bowl.
- Coat flank steak with marinade, then place steak in airtight container with orange slices and onion slices. Refrigerate for 4-24 hours.
- Remove flank steak from container, and get rid of any orange and onion slices.
- Grill 3-5 minutes at 400°. Flip and grill for 3-5 more minutes until the internal temp reaches 130°.
- Let the meat rest covered for 10 minutes.
- Slice thinly against the grain.
- 1 1/2 cups fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano or 1 tsp dried
- 1/4 small red onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- Chop parsley, cilantro, oregano, onion and garlic.
- Add to mixing bowl with remaining ingredients, blend.
- Roughly chop onion and garlic.
- Add onion , garlic, red wine vinegar, lemon juice and salt to food processor. Pulse.
- Add parsley, cilantro, oregano and red pepper flakes. Pour in olive oil while pulsing serveral times, until herbs are finely minced.