This is our delicious take on the Chicken Malibu Sandwich – we’re using our equipment and have subbed pork belly for bacon. Next time you’re grilling for friends and family, give this recipe a try!
Chicken Malibu Sandwich
Our take on a Chicken Malibu Sandwich with pork belly.
- Pellet Grill
- 4 slices pre-cooked smoked pork belly
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Montana Outlaw BBQ Chicken Rub
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- 1 pineapple
- 4 hamburger buns
- Dijon mustard
- Duke’s mayonnaise
- 4 pickled okras
- Smoke pork belly (see recipe here), and chill overnight.
- Lay chicken thighs flat and lightly season both sides with Montana Outlaw BBQ Chicken Rub and pat in, be careful to not over-season.
- Grill at 375°-400° for 20-25min.
- Slice smoked pork belly into thick pieces and add to the grill to heat up.
- Prep pineapple by cutting off top, bottom and skin, then slicing into 1/2"-3/4" discs. Remove the core from the pineapple discs.
- Season both sides of each pineapple ring lightly with Montana Outlaw BBQ Chicken Rub and pat in.
- While your chicken thighs are grilling, sear the pineapple rings on your grill for 1 1/2 minutes per side until grill marks are present.
- Assemble chicken, pork belly slices, pineapple rings and cheese in as tack and place on inverted grill grates for approximately 2 minutes until cheese is melted. At the same time, toast buns for 1-1 1/2 minutes on grill.
- Add Dijon mustard and Duke’s mayonnaise, and garnish with a pickled okra.